A dental clinic is where dentists and dental staff provide oral care. But most often, you’ll hear this term mentioning a place where dental services are provided at a lower cost than a private dentist near you.
Dental clinics also serve educational purposes. Many dental schools and universities are associated with dental clinics. On the other hand, private practices are owned by a dentist or an associated medical institution.
Dental clinics treat patients at a cheaper cost without sacrificing the quality of care. This can help you affordably achieve and maintain proper oral health.
Why dental clinic services are cheaper than private practices?
People who have not visited a dental clinic might wonder whether they are able to deliver the same quality services similar to private dental practice. Although dental clinics charge less for their services, this doesn’t mean they are somehow inferior to private practices.
Some clinics charge less because they treat patients in rural communities where there is no or little access to dental offices. These areas often lack proper dental services. Therefore, clinics in these areas offer low-cost or free dental services for the public good.
On the other hand, some clinics charge less as they are linked to educational institutions. These clinics use intern doctors or dental students working under the close supervision of experienced faculty. Each time a student treats a patient makes a valuable contribution to the future dentist’s education.
The wait times in dental clinics may be sometimes longer than in private practices but in return, patients get close attention from highly motivated students who are the next generation of dentists.
Services offered by a dental clinic
At a dental clinic, you’ll most probably find a wide range of dental services under one roof including Dental Implants, Braces, Root Canal Treatment, Smile Makeover Treatment, Kids Dentistry, Cosmetic Dentistry and Restoration with the help of Crowns and Bridges. They are equipped with highly experienced dentists and world-class facilities. The services offered at most dental clinics include,
- General Dentistry
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Endodontics (includes root canals and other treatments of teeth’s interiors)
- Orthodontics (includes braces and other treatments for misaligned teeth and jaws)
- Periodontics (includes treatment of gum disease or other conditions of the gums)
- Prosthodontics (includes crowns and bridges, dentures, dental implants and other means of repairing damaged or missing teeth)
When you visit a dental clinic, you will get a brief dental and physical examination and you will be asked a number of questions regarding your medical history. Depending upon your condition, you may undergo additional screening and testing. This comprehensive approach matters as dental health directly relate to your overall health.
The dentist assigned to you will discuss the dental services available and develop your customised treatment plan. He will also encourage and equip you to practice appropriate oral hygiene and schedule annual or bi-yearly checkups.
The components of a dental clinic
A dental clinic includes the following components:
- Reception area- The reception area includes a lounge with couches and entertainment options for keeping patients busy while they wait. It may also have a television, some magazine racks, coffee makers or vending machines for providing refreshments for patients.
- Computers and patient records- In the reception area, the staff can access dental records. These records may be computerised or on paper but most dental clinics are using digital records nowadays.
- Clinic- The clinic is probably the most important area of a dental clinic. It is a room where the dentist performs dental treatments. It also consists of several dental equipments such as the dental chair, lighting, handheld tools and devices, oral irrigators, suction machines, laser systems etc.
Wrapping It Up
After knowing about all the services offered by dental clinics, do not hesitate to give your teeth the care and treatment they need. Visit The Dental Roots today and start the journey of better oral health. If you are from Delhi-NCR, we are among your nearest dental clinic, providing best-in-class facilities and dental services.
We are the one-stop solution for all your dental needs and our team of specialists ensures accurate treatment and an overall smooth experience for all patients. For more details, visit our website.